Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Year at the New House

2013 has brought with it many more decisions to be made. John and I picked out flooring, which I think was the last major decision before closing.
Bathrooms
Main living area
Bedrooms
As long as the cabinets arrive on time we are on schedule to close at the end of the month! This impending deadline has kicked our preparation into high gear. I've got a 3inch notebook filled with more to-do lists, house info and design ideas than I know what to do with.

A couple of frustrating issues have come up with the builder. The most recent is that they stained the hand rail on the staircase in an oak color... it doesn't match anything else in the house. Why did they do this... because it's "standard" they tell me! I call BS! I think someone jumped the gun and wasn't thinking about the big picture. Let's hope they fix it!

We still don't know what we're doing with Exton Lane yet. We thought it was going to be shown yesterday - but they cancelled at the last minute - boo, however at least the house is clean today!

No comments:

Post a Comment