Saturday, January 5, 2013

Let the Holidays Begin!

Trying to catch up here, the blog got away from me with all the holiday stuff going on. 


***

Another crazy holiday season... We started off with a trip to PA. This was Ava's first major trip and she was stellar! Lil' Peanut slept from Chester to Deb & Al's house, it was almost too easy!

I'm so glad we got to spend a few days up North. Wyatt got to play with all his cousins and grab some love from the grandparents, aunts and uncles. Ava got to meet all of the extended family for the first time.

The schedule was packed with holiday events. Saturday was a family Christmas party. Jenny got the gift of the year from Chipper, a new Nikon camera! Needless to say I had so much fun playing with her new toy I now realize I don't have one picture of the family party of my own :(

Sunday was a trip to Hershey Park. Wyatt LOVED the amusement park. I think he's going to be a little roller coaster man! While we were there Ava got to spend a little 'getting to know you' time with Mimi the Great and Baba.

This video is of Wyatt's first amusement park ride and he and his cousins having a ball on some of the other attractions. What great memories we made that day!

Monday morning (Christmas Eve) we finished exchanging gifts and enjoyed breakfast before heading home. The trip home was almost as easy as the trip up, except for the sloppy weather. We saw Santa and Mrs. Clause driving south on 95 in a red SUV with SANTA CL on the license plate! I'm not sure who got more excited, me or Wyatt!

We made it home just in time for dinner, a quick change of clothes and off to church we went. I've never missed a Christmas Eve service (except for the year it was canceled by an ice storm) and I wasn't about to start now. After the kids had been cooped up for a 5 hour car ride I should have known that an 8pm service wasn't the best idea... We made it until the peace, which is about when the kiddos lost theirs. We made a b-line for the door and home we went. I least we tried and Wyatt sang Happy Birthday to Jesus.

Wyatt dressed up for church
We tried hard to get a cute sibling picture of these two in their matching pjs, this was as good as it got. This pretty much says it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment