Sunday, February 16, 2014

Happy Anniversary to Our Home & A Little "Me" Time

I'm home alone this weekend. Which has a few benefits, one being I finally have time to catch up on this blog and everything we've been up to this winter. A year ago yesterday we moved into this house, which has now become home. Although Wyatt still refers to it as the "New House". All the boxes are unpacked, pictures hang on the walls (not as many as my Mom may want to see - haha) and the old house is FINALLY rented to a couple that has expressed their desire to buy, eventually. So we can breath a sigh of relief, for now.
Our home in the snow last week.
Taken at twilight when it was quiet and peaceful.

If nothing else I think John and I have learned that through good times and in bad we are resilient people. We get though it together. Even if all the cracks we're left with take a gallon of glue to fix.

A few weeks ago I had what can only be described as a "Mommy-Meltdown". The stress of the bills, houses, daycare, work, family and so on came crashing down and left me in tears, pouring my heart out to John about how stressed I was and how unhappy I felt. After our talk that night I woke up the next morning with a new resolution to get "me" back. I realize this may seem ridiculous if you are reading this… I have a loving husband, two amazing kids, a supportive extended family, fabulous friends and a steady job. Please don't get me wrong I am INCREDIBLY grateful for all of these gifts that God has granted me. However, a person needs to have time to breath and I haven't been able to catch my breath. Here is what I'm trying to do to get some air:
  1. Realize and appreciate that I matter too. Parents reading this know what I mean - It is so easy to loose yourself in your family and work. I'm guilty. Most Mom's I know are too.   
  2. Loose all this baby weight! I have to feel confident in myself so that my kids see that side of me. I also can not afford a new wardrobe, so time to get back into the old one. I don't have time in my schedule to do a traditional workout, instead I've decided to eat better, count calories and be more active with the kids. It's good for all of us!
  3. Get out every once in a while! John has been so nice about this. I've gotten a good start. So far I've joined a great friend, Jessica, for dinner out and had a morning shopping trip with Mom to a architectural salvage shop. Then there is this weekend… It's nice to have a little alone time, but I miss my PA family something fierce and wish I was with them, so this is a toss up! 
  4. Try, as hard as it is, not to worry so much. I want to distract myself by focusing on the present, the moments that are worth enjoying. 
  5. Give up trying to find that elusive thing called "balance", there is no such thing. Just deal with what requires my attention in the moment I am in.
  6. Done is better than perfect. 
Alright, now that I have proclaimed this out to the world maybe it will help me on my journey to stay focused. Making me a better mommy, wife, friend and career women. I'm glad I've typed this out… feels more like a mission now, I like a good challenge.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment