Sunday, July 7, 2013

Kiddos finding their independence on Independence Day


We spent the 4th of July at the Cottage with Mom & Dad. Swimming, eating fried chicken and relaxing with family... what a perfect day. John, Dad and I had to go home that night and Mom kept the Kiddos. What a difference 24 hours can make. While we were gone Ava learned how to climb steps! Happy and sad all at the same time. She's getting so big and gaining a little independence, but my baby is growing up too fast!
"Here I go"

"Bye-Bye"

Wyatt has become SUPER confident in the pool. He's been a fish this summer. He went from feeling nervous in knee deep water to jumping off the side of the pool and swimming from edge to edge all by himself. He says "Look at me! I do it!" Wyatt also started saying Ava's name right this weekend. He's always called her "ABA", but now the little man is pronouncing it with a "v" - tears and smiles on this too.


On Friday night when John and I got back to the cottage we took Wyatt to see his first "real" fireworks. Urbana put on a wonderful display, we had a perfect spot to watch them from the bridge. Wyatt kept saying "that's my favorite" every time one boomed! So happy he wasn't scared... now we just need to see what Ava thinks. Hope that next year we can take the kids over on a boat. As Wyatt says "Grady, GET A BOAT!"
this is the good life


No comments:

Post a Comment