Thursday, November 1, 2012

Family Time in Urbanna before the Storm

I have a lot of catching up to do here. We got our internet back today! Ever since Hurricane Sandy knocked out our power on Sunday night we've been doing without. That's the only problem we had from this epic storm and I'm counting us lucky. Central VA was hardly touched. I hear Poppop still is without power and Deb and Al lost power and had flooding in their basement.

Before the storm hit we spent our first overnight as a fam at the cottage. The place is looking incredible! Mom and Dad have taken this empty shell of potential to a "Captain's Cottage". Despite the pending doom and gloom of the hurricane we had a great time. Mom and I did a little shopping in Urbanna while Dad and John burnt a brush pile from the size of the truck down to ashes. Then we feasted on clams and blue crabs... it was heaven!

This is the life!
Grady with his two toddlers
Me and my Ava bean
Cheese Dad... He's humoring me can you tell
Marnier and her "Pumpkin Pie"
My two piros
Ava doing her impression of Cousin Eddie
Wyatt building with my old blocks. 
Clams on the grill!
Wyatt enjoying a little ranch dressing and "trees" 






No comments:

Post a Comment