Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Go-Time!

Went to see Dr. Santosh this morning. Feeling VERY pregnant and antsy to have the baby. Everything was lined up so well, Mom had Wyatt, John and I were together, the appointment was right next door to the hospital. I hoped that this would be like when we had Wyatt - the Dr. would say, okay we're ready to have a baby, send me to the hospital and we'd get going! But of course that didn't work :( 3 to 4 cm dilated but since there were no contractions she sent me packing. Off to work I went.

Later that night as Wyatt and I ate dinner something started to happen...

One last picture of the bump!
Time 7:45 - At first I thought it was all in my head since I was so focused on having the baby. The pain kept coming and the contractions got stronger. After about a 15 minutes I called John at work - IT'S GO TIME!!! Next call was to Mom and Dad - They are on their way to keep Wyatt for us.

Time 7:55 - I start crying - hug Wyatt and get really scared. How can I leave him? What is this experience going to be like? When will I get to be home again? How big is her head?!?!?!

Time 8:45 - My Dad calls... they are stuck on the side of the road with a FLAT TIRE! Are you kidding me?!? Really, of all nights? The contractions are getting really strong now they've gone from 10 minutes apart to 6. OMGosh - I don't know how long I can wait!

Time: 11 - Mom and Dad arrive - THANK GOD - LET'S GO!

Time 11:30 - Arrive at St. Francis - the contractions are about 3 to 4 minutes apart now. THIS SUCKS.   They get us in the room and start hooking me up to a million machines. Its like plugging in to the matrix.


No comments:

Post a Comment